PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2016, 20:34
rutankrd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code:
Then tell me which page of the AC Report says the Heathrow expansion is being funded by the state. I missed it.
Compulsory purchases will be born on the public purse.

Removals of utilities and roads on the public purse

Modifications to the surrounding roads and rail on the public purse.

Imported materials and expenses underwritten by the state.

This is several billions of PUBLIC money.

As others have said the R3 case does not pass the value for money test imo.

Ands i couldn't care less that people in the regions are changing to route through other hubs on the continent, in the desert or even actually using the increasing number of point to point options, because the disruptive forces at play with flexible fares and yes those ME3 +1 one options are changing the playing field with or without R3.
This is simple completion at work and if one rather well known LHR operator chooses to continue to offer little (nothing) from much of the regions combined with additional stops! on many global routes its their commercial decision isn't it ?

BTW the predicted and expected growth in aviation the next 40 years is within Asia and continued short haul not those lovely long hauls from London or others.

The developing economies aren't proving that reliable in generating global growth - They by definition aren't stable

I struggle to believe that a single UK airport runway space or not would reach 140 million .

Further i read many times that somewhere like Heathrow requires the Hub and Spoke model to support the thinner routes.

Well if a route is so precarious chop it imo - they do in the regions !