PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2016, 19:16
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you believe we should spend money in your local area of Manchester instead
Come on, Skip. I'd like to believe you're better than that. Cheap shot. Debate me on the arguments I have presented. Trying to plant words in my mouth diminishes your credibility.

option 1 still needs doing,
Every desirable project has a financial cut-off point at which it no longer makes economic sense. LHR R3 is many multiples beyond that threshold.

So we agree Heathrow is not in Germany, but Frankfurt being in Germany makes something different somehow. This is not the clearest point you have ever made.....
So you didn't get the bit about Britain being geographically located on the western periphery of Europe whilst Germany lies rather more central?

Except the figures you quote are scaremongering worst case scenario conflated numbers.
According to you. Some experts argue that costs are under-stated and will rise still further.

What % of that huge figure would be spent anyway Shed?
According to some very well-informed professionals, the full 100%. With the door left open for more on top before final delivery some 10-15 years hence. See Channel Tunnel for an example of how this can happen.

Perhaps I am being thick, but MAN's rebuild has no growth budget for whatsoever?
The TP as currently permitted is a project to replace old with new. That is what it does. Naturally, one hopes that MAG will be making plans to accommodate growth down the line, but that will need to be addressed by future proposals not yet disclosed to the public. I suspect that the prime vacant site left behind by the demolition of T1 will not be left undeveloped for long. And expansion of T3 is desperately needed.

Well if you make an effort to stop doing it, I can stop saying it
Holy conflating, Batman! This is too much! :-)