PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2016, 18:58
Art E. Fischler-Reisen

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
With regard to the letter at post #1353, TCT's address is entirely visible through the rather clumsy crossing out; I think that detail really should be treated as "staff in confidence" and certainly not displayed on any public forum.

Having said that, I'm certainly no supporter of TCT's deceitful tactics. Having written to the HCAP some time ago on this very subject I received what seems to be a very similar reply to that posted here and elsewhere. The intention is for the award to remain....

I very much resent the earlier claim that all HCAP members are sycophants. Many of us are just working pilots and have no great aspirations to be anything else. I was invited to become a member of GAPAN as it used to be called, because of my professional background. I agreed and have been a member for some years. I certainly didn't join for reasons of social climbing.

Whatever, I decided quite some time ago not to attend the HCAP Awards Banquet this year because TCT's presence would probably put me off my full enjoyment of the event, especially as the members pay for the guests and awards.

At previous awards ceremonies I felt very much honoured to be in the same room as the likes of Neil Armstrong and Winkle Brown. How this lady can be compared in any way is beyond my thinking.

I've been very seriously considering whether or not I will continue with my HCAP membership. As a mere member I can do no more else than voice my concern, which I have already done.