PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopean infos.
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2016, 17:03
77heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETH depends on each others background or necessities. The 777 and 787 schedule are pretty much a monthly mess, this 20/10 scheme is ok if your home base is served daily from Addis or else you will have to sell your soul to the devil. Some guys accept anything and also bribe the schedulers to get better over time $$$ flights. Recently 7 schedulers were fired for that. The company has way too more airplanes than they can handle, there are a daily problem at the ramp: NO enough shuttle bus to carry the crew in and out the airplanes, when you ARR at the cargo terminal, be ready to wait up to 50 minutes for the shuttle.

After airborne no more communications to the company, they do not use ACARS for saving money, they delay the so called 6 monthly bonus every time, unless a month earlier you remind them almost daily. There are so many annoyances that our colleagues do not mention on this forum, Every month they loose pilots that just abandon the job and never come back, yes no resign just disappear.

Well, as I said earlier it all depends of each ones objective, sometime the necessity makes you find this job a breeze. Now the new contract for the 777 include a clause that you must do the 787 type and they will hold US$15K from you, good for the young boys, bad for the old foxes.

Anyway, the company is a mess but they do not care about AFDR, you close the door, pray, and go for it. The first officers are quite good indeed. Out of 12 pilots that joined the same time as me, 5 left within the first 12 months, I am struggling not to do so. If you go for a cargo flight be ready to to your job and the dispatch and coordination as well, you will be left alone wherever you are. Good luck!!!