PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tyres burst on MyTravel A320
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2003, 02:17
skytravel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tyres burst on MyTravel A320

Hi

I have just seen an article on the BBC site about a MyTravel A320 aircraft they suffered three burst tyres on landing in Cardiff. Here is the article:

"Nearly 200 air passengers were forced to disembark on the runway after three of their plane's tyres burst on impact as it landed.
The 162 passengers were aboard the My Travel A320 aircraft travelling back from Tenerife to Cardiff International Airport when the incident occurred at around midnight.

No one was hurt in the incident, and the plane was able to stop safely.

An investigation to discover why the tyres burst has been launched by the holiday company.

A spokeswoman for My Travel said: "The plane is operated for us by Sky Services of Canada.

"It landed safely and remained on the runway.

"The cause is being fully investigated by the relevant authorities because of that it is not appropriate for us to speculate on the cause of accident.

"Airline crews are trained to deal with this kind of incident.

"We will offer help and support to passengers," she added.

A spokeswoman for Cardiff International Airport confirmed that the emergency procedures were invoked during the incident.

"It was a standard routine procedure," she said.

"Emergency vehicles including fire tenders were put on standby but were not needed.

"It was a fairly straight forward operations and the plane will be back in operation today," she added.

The passengers, who had to be taken off the plane while it was on the runway, were forced to leave behind their luggage.

The travel company is arranging for the bags to be returned to the passengers. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/3122627.stm