PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHAMPTON
Thread: SOUTHAMPTON
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2016, 11:49
adfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May CAA stats

The May CAA stats for SOU are finally visible, with the airport recording a 1% decrease compared with last May. Nearly all the primary domestic routes showed some good growth (BHD, EDI, GLA, MAN, JER, NCL) and the busier European destinations (CDG/ORY, DUB, AMS) performed well, with the latter showing a 51% increase, presumably owing to a certain new arrival. I suspect the overall decrease has come from most of the leisure focused international routes being operated in a more 'seasonal' manner this year by Flybe, as most are showing significant decreases.

DUS performed pretty well, averaging 42 passengers per flight, for a 54% load factor. MUC was off to a slower start, averaging 17 passengers per flight for a 35% load factor. It is worth noting that this is based on all flights being on a E145, whereas in reality some were E135's, plus I believe there were also a couple of cancellations, so the actual value is likely a bit higher than the one I've worked out. ORK did well, averaging over 45 passengers, meaning a 63% load factor, which is pretty good going for a route in its first few weeks.

Good to see record numbers for July and August!