PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retrieving my deposit from Jerez advice
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2016, 11:13
andythepandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True I probably am whining about it a bit and maybe the burning part was a bit of an over exaggeration but yes I really did pay 5K. Thats what was agreed at the time with FTE. Yes I have asked on multiple occasions and they say that all they can do as a gesture of good will is keep the position open to me and let my deposit stand for a period of 12 months.

The reason I started this tread was to get advice. I understand its non-refundable and yes that means bad luck to me however I have spoken to a few people who have had a similar experience at CTC with a non refundable deposit which they managed to get back through a solicitor. So I wanted to ask if anyone has ever had a similar experience with FTE.

I wish this was a wind up but its not. Given the choice I wouldn't have paid the deposit and lost the money and given the choice I would have liked BBVA to lend me the money to go. One of the reasons I paid the deposit was because BBVA basically told me that I won't have any issue getting the loan then when I paid the deposit they told me that they couldn't lend me the money for some reason or another. Had I know that earlier I wouldn't have spent the money