PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon Meranti
Thread: Typhoon Meranti
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2016, 09:00
Algol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well its obvious I posted this discussion in the wrong forum. It should have been posted in Tech Log, where a more sane level of exchange generally tends to occur.
I mistakenly posted it in FH thinking there was some expertise and (perhaps) wisdom on the subject from people flying in this region. Instead all I see is pathetic willy waving and puerile defensiveness.

Not one of you has backed up any of your arrogant proclamations with an ounce of evidence - a link, a reference, a scientific justification. In fact there's barely even any recognition that there's the remotest risk involved, or that there's any method to your madness.

It seems that the mere mention of CX in anything but reverential whispers brings on the red mist for most of you.
Your paranoia is sadly misplaced however, what you read as an insult to CX crews was nothing of the sort - it was a factual observation from the PIREPs posted on the day. The fact you took that to be insulting was your own insecurities showing through.

With all the disgust and dislike of your own company that you CX guys vent here every day it seems highly schizophrenic that you jump so fast to its defence at the merest hint of a slight - oooh, by an 'outsider' (circle the wagons!). Several of your colleagues have PM'd me to say they are embarrassed by your behaviour.

At the end of the day, my take on it is that you don't indeed know WHY or IF its safe to fly over any given typhoon. You have in reality simply been forced to do so because you were ordered to by your Flight Planners, and rather than stand up to them and demand a re-route, you followed orders from an office boy and drove your aircraft straight up the muzzle of the loaded gun. Maybe you got away with it by pure luck, and like to brag about it now. But it was really just luck, not skill. One day the luck always runs out.

I'm totally re-thinking my previous belief in the basic common sense of CX pilots.