PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2016, 22:48
EcamSurprise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be very careful listening to anyone who works for a school, whether it is CTC or other.

I started training 8 years ago and got a job very quickly and I am incredibly happy now but looking back on it I would NOT risk the money if I wasn't tagged by an airline.
I know too many friends who never got flying jobs and now have to live with huge loans.

Personally, I'd choose CTC over any other. Easyjet take 70% of their graudates because CTC is their preferred school.
EJ never stated a preferred school. Personal conversations I had with HoT was that a different school was their personal choice but that was a few years ago.
Anyone working in "careers advice" or whatever connected to any school may have their slight stance on the figures. I'd say it is more 50/50 if anything.

Base your choice of school on which one you think will suit you best NOT on the numbers or promises from anyone who is trying to sell you a course says and I mean ANYONE including students at open days.
You'll find that you won't ever meet a current student who is negative (because they have to believe in the end goal and job otherwise they won't have the motivation to get through it all) and you'll also find you won't ever meet an ex-student who doesn't have a job and is struggling with debt. You'll only meet the ones who want to ponce around in their shiny new airline uniform.

I've seen a lot of people comment on other forums that easyjet have rejected their applications, from experienced FOs with hours under their belt....and the thing that they all seem to have in common, is being trained at different schools.
Sorry, but rubbish. The experienced FOs we have joining easy are from all over the place.
Once you have airline hours, the school you went to is absolutely irrelevant.
If you're good, meet the standard and have the amount of experience required, you will get a job.

EDIT: having thought about it, Of all the direct entry FOs I know, none trained at any of the big schools.

Overall, 98% of CTC grads are offered a job with one of their partner airlines after completion of their training.
Yes. It's impressive. But that is because you do not proceed to finish training unless a airline picks you up. hence why they can claim 98% of people finish all the training get a job.

My closing thoughts:

I am in favour of no school in particular and this is why I say you should choose a school from the top 3 that suits you best.
I trained at one (at vast expense) and we all saw the lies and sales pitches or the amazing 'career centres' which in reality did very little for you other than a quick browse through the CV.

Many of my current colleagues have trained both at CTC and OAA and I hardly see a difference. What you DO see is a difference in attitudes and willingness to learn and THIS is what makes the difference to your career. The choice between schools is more personal. How well you do and how good an airline pilot you will become is largely down to you, your dedication and motivation.

Good luck to you all. I am sure we will fly together at some point in the future!

Last edited by EcamSurprise; 16th Sep 2016 at 09:34.