PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2016, 22:07
toon22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CWL LCY

Originally Posted by Harry Wayfarers
Sorry if I'm the bearer of bad tidings but Cardiff Central to London Paddington is some, a mere, 2 hours and 6 minutes by train.

Not that all of CWL's passengers live in central Cardiff, but then they don't all live in Rhoose or Barry either, but Cardiff Central to CWL, with a check-in that closes at STD -30, then an average block time of 67.5 minutes ... Well it's quicker, more reliable, more comfortable, more convenient and cheaper by train to a London terminus than it is by air.
I wonder if passengers on the port side of this afternoons flight were a little surprised to look out of the window and gaze down on Margate with the French coast not too far away. The track miles must be fully double the distance by rail after a grand tour of the Home Counties. Even with the closure of the tunnel, the rail journey is only two hours 36mkns - why are the Welsh government forking out for this piece of vanity flying? It surely can't be Flybe's risk but then I doubt the taxpayers of Devon are picking up the tab for EXT LCY.