View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2016, 17:17
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Hebog:

Which investigation is being delayed? The AAIB will report when ready

Treadigraph:

As reported in the Argus?
They "confirmed", they aren't quoted as saying it has been delayed which leads me to suggest "delayed" is the journalist's wording. Have the AAIB ever suggested that earlier publication would take place?
Back in March at the coroners pre-inquest this was reported:-

A spokesman for the AAIB told the hearing on Tuesday it had released three bulletins about the crash with its final report expected to be published in "early summer".
Things get delayed, stuff happens but just as easy to have clear communication as the continued fog, especially given the circumstances.

I think given the prior commentary around this I'm sure a vast number will be and should be surprised, otherwise it doesn't say very much for the expectations being set around such activities.

If there are further human factors to report upon - which i've no doubt there are - then any further findings (or should i say their publication and therefore for many the removal of any lingering doubt) will highlight just how the timing of its publication aligns itself to an objective of flight safety which probably dictates that relevant detail need to be communicated sooner than later.

One item that seems to be looming is the instrument fit and position of the variety of aircraft this pilot operated. That is a potential issue for very many pilots not just those engaged in display activities. It might seem a very obvious point but then aren't all the usual gotchas?