PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2016, 15:48
Jenna_Aviatrix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by momo95
I just saw that when rereading my emails, didn't read the full thing last time (silly me I know). But what a horrific price

I'm being tempted towards selection in CAE, however I'm curious about the "bond repayments" CTC seem to offer. This may be a marketing ploy but my current understanding is that £69,000 of your training costs are transferred to APL who then repay that sum to you over 7 years. Is this correct can anyone confirm? If so, then I think for the sake of a £50 difference, paying the CTC fee will be the better option in the long run (£69,000 better if I'm not mistaken?)

I'm trying to evaluate the financial benefits of each fto and CTC seem to be ahead with the bond repayments, or do CAE make up for it by offering a higher salary with easyJet? There doesn't seem to be much financial info on this recent drive, all appears to be at least 2/3 years old and I assume things have changed.
Personally, I'd choose CTC over any other. Easyjet take 70% of their graudates because CTC is their preferred school.

I've seen a lot of people comment on other forums that easyjet have rejected their applications, from experienced FOs with hours under their belt....and the thing that they all seem to have in common, is being trained at different schools.

BA, Easyjet and Monarch are the 3 airlines who offer the Security Bond repayments through CTC.....that alone is worth a lot.

Plus, CTC have their protection scheme where you aren't made to repay anything if you have to retake a test/SIM.

Overall, 98% of CTC grads are offered a job with one of their partner airlines after completion of their training.

I spent 40 minutes on the phone with one of their Pilot Careers ADvice guys from Southampton gaining a lot of facts and figures.

CTC all the way.

And no, I'm not being paid any commission for promoting them, haha