PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon Meranti
Thread: Typhoon Meranti
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2016, 13:25
Milking a mouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a question, especially for the brain surgeons.

In the last couple of days my Dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
It's wreaked havoc with his coordination, his ability to accomplish menial tasks such as eating, dressing and wiping his arse.

Fortunately for me I don't suffer from it yet, but I did have a look at what was going on, on YouTube and other such websites, showing the implant of electrodes for Deep Brain Stimulation.

Anyhow, my question is this; why were all these surgeons (including yourselves) hooking a cellphone battery into someones brain? What did they expect to happen? Do surgeons in this region treat the human brain with disdain? Why do something which you really should know is going to risk the safety of your patient?

----

Kindly forgive the crude manner in which I've edited the OP's post. As I'm not a brain surgeon, will never be a brain surgeon and I sure as **** can't learn how to be a brain surgeon on YouTube.

No, I'm just a pilot. Wishing that people would let the professionals in their field, and that's *any* professional field, apply their training, qualifications and experience to their #@$%ing job without being second guessed/challenged by any wing nut with a smart phone and an internet connection.