PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 15th Sep 2016, 11:56
Pulkdahulk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look - there are 3 of us who gave up command on the 757 to join right seat on Qatar. We in fact cleared our assessments to command also. But that isn't the point. One guy joined them a year back, one is in training and I am coming there soon. Qatar is expanding like crazy and all three of us are leaving or have left our current company for experiences of flying the globe, to keep learning from the many amazing guys we will fly on the left seat so we are better equipped to handle that responsibility on the left when the time comes in 7-10 years and we are quite young in fact (29-30 yrs), so age is by our side. Each one of us have a different way of looking at things, and to be in for reasons we chose to, but the ultimate decision is yours and yours only - you need to ask - what do you truly want from Qatar or whichever airline you wanna join?

I am leaving a couple of professions behind and both have served me really well. Apart from being an aviator, a photographer and a film maker while being the top 10 vendor in the country, I would like to travel the world not just on the ID travels or crew privileges but to also attend workshops when i am on vacation so that I can keep learning from others and to keep growing, etc etc etc; Of course things may change as the industry continuously does but the passion is to fly and learn and be flexible about the whole thing.

Whatever is your passion or desire, follow that!