PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retrieving my deposit from Jerez advice
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2016, 10:47
andythepandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did sign a contract but I have asked them to produce a copy of the document that stated I cannot have the money back but at present they cannot find it.

I think I may speak to a few solicitors but I have a feeling I won't have much luck. Yeah that is a possibility but to be honest I don't think I will be able to go to Jerez. For a start I am going to get my PPL at a local airfield and see where I am financially at the end of that and possibly go down the modular route but right now I don't have the means to get a loan to go.

I do understand that but before I changed my start dates I gave them months of notice and told them not to reserve a place for me so if they lost business on those months due to a place not being filled its not down to me. I have also asked them to provide evidence that I prevented students from joining a course because of me and they cannot find any evidence. If someone was in the same situation as me and didn't pay a deposit would they demand that they pay the five grand? I think not

Yes true but I would only go down the solicitor route if I was definitely going to get the money back. Even if it was only a few hundred pounds its better than nothing and its the principle of it.

Well they say the lessons you learn the most from in life cost you the most