PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retrieving my deposit from Jerez advice
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2016, 09:43
andythepandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retrieving my deposit from Jerez advice

Hello one and all I am not sure if this is in the right place but I am wannabe and I need some advice.

I'll try and keep this short.

Many months ago I passed the assessment to FTE Jerez and got accepted into the school. I then set about getting the finances for it which as most people know is a struggle. It got close to my start date so I paid my deposit to Jerez. A few days later I had to put my start date back a few months because the loan was taking ages to sort out. When it came close to the next start date in August I basically got denied a loan which of course was a massive blow and meant I could no longer go to Jerez

It was just too much for me and I couldn't get the money together.

Anyway I have been trying to get my deposit back from Jerez which is non-refundable. Yes I know what you are thinking 'its non-refundable just give up' well £5,000 is a lot of my money which I saved up over a number of years and it would make a huge difference to my life and flying if I could get it back.

As far as I see it I paid them 5K to reserve a place for me and send me some emails. I know it is non-refundable but I feel as if I would have had more pleasure from the money if I had burnt it. It feels as if I have just throw away five thousand pounds.

I am thinking of getting a solicitor involved to try and retrieve the money. what does everyone think? Am I just crazy or should I just leave it? Am I entitled to get it back seeing as I will no longer train with them? Has anyone else had an experience like this?