PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2016, 16:20
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
The Daily Mail journalist who doorstepped her in London told me of Tracy initially switching on the charm.

However when that approach failed he saw another side.

His words to me were she appeared to be someone who was used to getting her own way.
That also emerged in a BBC online report and in an interview on the Today programme on January 9th.

She admitted she had "lost my rag several times dealing with people on the ground" during frequent refuelling stops, but added: "The flying has been sensational and that's why you do it.
Tracey Curtis-Taylor finishes UK to Australia biplane flight - BBC News

She appears to speak from a well rehearsed script in all interviews which falls apart quickly if cross questioned.

I suspect this is why she has never allowed herself to fall in to such a scenario.

I have never met her ,or indeed had heard of TCT,until midway through the UK to Australia trip.

However I would certainly love to do a joint radio interview with her

Jon Donnison,the BBC Sydney correspondent , obviously failed to notice there were two people in his report above.

She seems adept at fooling journalists while spouting rubbish.

This from the Daily Telegraph on Jan 14 2014.
By and large, says Curtis-Taylor, Lady Heath had a more pleasant time. She was travelling through countries still largely under European rule and met by embassy people all the way. “I’ve had some rough experiences. I’ve been made to fly at the same altitudes as commercial jets. That’s just dangerous. No one understands that I could come in at 50ft and land on a sixpence.” Meanwhile, the addition of a film crew curtailed her freedom. “We underestimated the effort it would take to transport 65 bags of film equipment and eight people by plane every day,” she admits. “It meant I couldn’t fly the way Heath did. She could just get up and go. That’s been the most disappointing thing.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/avia...s-biplane.html

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 14th Sep 2016 at 16:48.