PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt. Kenya Crash 19 July 2003
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2003, 21:57
clipboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foxcotte, I share with you your thoughts. The Board Commander on the Metro knew zip about the place he was going to, and only had charts and other useless info to go by. Furthermore, he was unfamiliar with the area. We have all flown that area extensively, and I can distinctly remember how many times I got very useful information from local lads, either at the Aero club, or just in the hangars around Wilson. Ask, and you will be told.

Its indeed a sad state of affairs, as I previously posted. The commander flight planned for FL150, and hit the mountain. End of story. A big mistake, but also a mistake that costed lives.

In spite of the fact that this is a rumour network, people tend to air their opinions, and everyone is entitled to an opinion. Opinions may mean nothing to some, and a lot to others. It all depends how one interprets the opinions. This accident was indeed a very sad story, and there will be many questions, (some unanswered) but we need to apply our minds to this, and learn from it. One upmanship is one thing, boldness is another. We all have the same interest at heart, and that is to be good aviators, to keep ourselves and our pax safe, and to learn from the mistakes of others.

Safe flying out there fella's!