PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Fatigue Documentary
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2016, 08:33
Trossie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be very, very wary of any 'documentary' by RT. Ms Slier may have a good reputation in other fields, but with RT involvement I would suspect the motives of the 'documentary'. (I would also question the usefulness of any RT documentary in bringing about any real changes in the fatigue situation as I can't see RT being taken that seriously on the matter; the easyJet pilots might be in the process of doing a lot more to promote concerns on this matter.)

If 'fatigue' is going to be investigated, then this incident might be of interest:
Incident: DAT AT72 at Karup on Jan 25th 2016, aligned with runway edge lights for takeoff, especially the HCL comment "Due to the recent sleep and the time of day, flight crew performance was impaired equivalent to more than 0.05% blood alcohol concentration."

This could create in interesting link to aircraft accidents where actual blood alcohol concentration has been a factor. Could Ms Slier do a documentary on that or would RT veto such a documentary? (Any guesses why RT might veto it?)