PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC AQC "outsider" success rate
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2016, 13:36
gfunc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC AQC "outsider" success rate

Hi Folks,

A simple question - has anyone here recently completed the CTC AQC as an external candidate (i.e. already holding a CPL/MEIR via another school) and had success in finding a job?

I've completed all my training (including MCC/JOC) and I've been eyeing this AQC as CTC have historical links to many airlines. I've phoned CTC and the gentleman on the other end told me how wonderful everything is and how everyone gets a job etc (i.e. typical sales guff). When I asked for actual data he was very cagey, but told me that he did the course and it was great (I thought about asking then why was he answering phones, but that might be construed as rude).

I'm fully aware that CTC are only interested in the cash and that as an external person that I would be placed in their tertiary hold pool (behind their own integrated and modulars). I've also heard unsubstantiated rumours that the hold pools are reasonable empty at current time and their partner airlines are suffering from a lack of crews. Hence, by wearing my most optimistic spectacles, my thoughts are that chances for someone in my position are reasonable (or, more reasonable than they have been).

Has anyone trodden this path recently?