PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2016, 23:31
soggyboxers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally agree with NEO.

It's funny, I don't remember anyone whining about their contract being changed to 6/6 without their consent during the good times. Let's get real and smell the coffee. BRS share price has gone from around $75 2 years ago to around $11 now as they have felt the impact of the oil price slump. 8/4 is better than 0/52.

As NEO says, your actual contract is 60 or 90 days and they could just dismiss you. I guess that as an expat, you're on a contract with a non-Nigerian company. If you're fraudulently claiming to be sick without the medical paperwork to back it up, have you considered that you could be sued for fraud? These things work both ways but I always found Bristow willing to talk things over and try to reach a reasonable compromise. After all, you're still getting the additional CLA for days on site, have medical insurance and a reasonable pension scheme.

Not only would they never cancel your return flight, as far as I remember, under Nigerian law, they couldn't - as an expat the company which employs you is responsible for repatriating you to your home country.

As a number of contributors have said, it's supply and demand