PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Austrian vs Eurowings
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2016, 21:25
lansen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Mr NFF !

To start off, I just have to give you my honest opinion. I understand why you guys are like you are. Not accepting flightdeck jobs, while others would kill for a position like yours. You were promised the KTV (Lufthansa Konzerntarifvertrag = Golden Ticket) and you basically got nothing of what you were promised. So of course, you are now trying to get as much as possible out of your current situation. On the other hand, it doesn't take much brains to figure out that LH will go down the drains, if they continue handing out those contracts. But I guess that's not what the union (VC) is telling you .

Anyway. It's like someone in this thread told before me. What company to go for is, regarding the rating, a no-brainer. Eurowings! Screw the payment. In 2-3 years you'll have enough hours to apply to any A319/20/21 operator in Europe/Middle-East. To continue this thought. With an A320 rating you will have all of Airbus basically opened to you. An A330/340 rating will just be a differential training and not a complete new rating.
On the other hand. If you chose the Dash, you will be stuck in Turbo-Prop-Land until AUA gives you the opportunity to move onto a Jet.