PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2016, 18:53
tophat27dt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The waiting game is always frustrating for us noblemen, but must be more frustrating for the management team. Shareholders must be kept happy with sometimes exaggerated news releases. However, it seems we must wait until 2018 to see what EZY plans are for SEN. Stobart Air has reasonable support for their 3 destinations (or is it FlyBe we must thank? I get confused), and hope they might find another 3 new destinations in the future, perhaps in conjunction with CityJet, who's LCY operation comes to a standstill from lunchtime Saturday till lunchtime Sunday, and frequently have to operate into SEN if running very late anyway (I think Florence is one). As several of us have already said, we believe Malta would be well supported, plus new Spanish mainland destinations as tourism looks for safer places to visit. I also think that a great loss has been the maintenance organisations who always seemed so busy when I visited with airliners parked everywhere. Big empty hangars/workshops certainly must affect the bottom line of profits badly, so I hope management is also doing something about that too.