PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2016, 13:25
kaodwyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing well regardless of what stage of the recruitment process you are in! I just thought I'd fill you all in on my process so far.

20th May
Submitted online application
17th June
Received invitation for video interview
20th June
Completed video interview
22nd June
Received invitation for AD
8th July
Attended AD in SYD
11th July
Received email advising I'd progressed to next stage and my reference checks would be completed shortly
21st July
Received email from Xref requesting me to submit references (my references also received emails immediately)
5th August
Received email to upload required documents for ASIC check
15th August
The last tick in my ASIC check turned green but I did not receive any emails confirming this
16th August
Received email to do pre-employment medical test and alcohol and other drugs test
22nd August
Completed both required tests
26th August
I emailed the last of my outstanding documents
2nd September
Received email from Qantas with an update of my application. They explained they are waiting for my medical test results before they can progress my application but assured that these can take time to come through and said they will be in touch again in due course.

It's been three weeks since my medical and I can only assume that QF would have received my results by now. The doctor sent me a message two days after I saw her confirming that she had sent everything to QF and also told me on the day that everything looked clear, so I didn't feel like I had anything to worry about but now the wait is killing me!

Has anyone else heard anything different after their medical test or know how long it can normally take for them to receive and assess the results? I'm not sure whether it's appropriate to follow up with them...