PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does the PFD show (calculate) wind velocity during the takeoff roll ?
Old 12th Sep 2016, 10:17
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Golden
That takes care of OP. But regarding decision making about reject due to wind shear/ UAR the airbus document points to airspeed fluctuation and trend. No where it guides you to wind display because on take off there is time constraint which is not the case once you are airborne. You don't need any confirmation from any source if there is speed and trend fluctuation because doing so may send you over V1. If the fluctuation is due unreliable speed then even more so. You can gather whatever info you want provided you have time. Notice trend fluctuation on PFD then Check wind on ND then think about what to do if it is different and it is already time to get airborne. he hasn't answered any of the things I have quoted from his documents and is thumping his back. Use of anti ice is not a split second and any one compares that with take off run then I rest my case. However you read the info from Collins that I have given and tell me about your opinion about the accuracy of wind on ground.