PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA FTLs after a short time in. Do you feel worse, better or no change?
Old 12th Sep 2016, 09:50
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fortunately I'm not subjected to FTL's anymore. I ask a question for information. In old CAP371 there was an allowance for time zone changes and a provision of local nights to acclimatise etc. Jet lag was a known phenomenon. Days off down tour + days off on return. However, at home short-haul we used to do 'creeping rosters': i.e early starts and over 6 days creeping towards night flights. Everyday a disruptive sleep/eat pattern. By day 4 I was struggling to be ready to fly as my report time had slipped to 18.00 after a 09.00 wake up. On day 5 my go to bed time was 06.00 and report 21.00 with a 09.00 return then drive home. I felt worse than jet-lagged and only required 2 days 3 local nights to be 'fit again' for another launch.
Do these daft rosters still exist and are they still possible? Fatigue mitigation sounds a fancy/poncey get out of jail thingy for rostering. "yes of course we have a plan in force" as XAA ticks the approval box.