PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does the PFD show (calculate) wind velocity during the takeoff roll ?
Old 12th Sep 2016, 06:38
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not entering into the last post by you because we will further divert from the present topic. In a sense we already have. From the beginning I have agreed with golden rivet's post. FOBN you quoted is an old one and I have it. I will reproduce from the same document below:
Wind shear suspected
Closely monitor the airspeed and speed trend during the take off roll to detect any evidence of wind shear.
Then again
Recovery technique for wind shear encounter during take off:
Before V1:
− Reject the takeoff only if unacceptable airspeed variations occur and the pilot assesses there is sufficient runway remaining to stop the aircraft.
And again as you quoted:
Monitor speed trend (available on the PFD, depending on the aircraft type)
Note: An unusual speed trend may be an indication of unreliable airspeed or wind shear.

Unreliable speed should lead to reject take off any way. Nowhere the document refers to wind/GS display on ND for any of these decisions.
I don't think any more discussion is required. If you have a document that says how wind direction is calculated on ground I would be interested.