PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Casa license to indonesia dgca
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2016, 06:11
RadioSaigon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chambersman
What does the rule about no more licences for foreigners mean for those all ready holding one?
Given that you hold an Indonesian licence, I'm assuming it was issued some years ago? Susi? If that's the case, you will almost certainly find that your Indo Licence is directly associated with the outfit you were flying for, here in Indonesia. Have a look at the last page of your document. If it was Susi you were working for, then you already have a minimum 2 year contractual moratorium on flying for any other Indonesian outfit.

If you've spent any time at all in Indonesia, you will already be aware of the tremendous inconsistency in the application of "rules" associated with aviation here -and of just what can be achieved with the application of an appropriate "inducement" to the right person.

Short answer is: there IS no Short Answer to your question. Each case seems to be unique. Have a go! I suspect you may find you'll go on a validation, as do we all of late. But then i did hear a whisper a while ago that they might be going to issue DGCA licences to foreigners again...