PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New runway at Heathrow
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2016, 12:40
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Gonzo

I always read and treat your posts with respect because I know you are a professional unlike me and your comments are always informative so I do apologise for misinterpreting your post -on re reading things I realise I should have made it clearer since it was me sort of combining your comment and another about thee time it was likely to take to get R3 built. So once again sorry about that.
The other point was again me sort of short cutting things-i do realise that the spread of aircraft on SIDs is or was due to the 'old system' of VORs NDB less precise track following etc and so it was something that came about rather than being deliberately planned. The problem is that for people on the ground it works nicely because there isnt a constant stream of outbounds over them when you get out to my part of the world. Obviously the departure runway makes a different but aircraft on MID SIDs today seem to make the turn southwards for MIdhurst anywhere between just east of Bagshot to just west of Camberley. so that coupled with the quieter engines of today it distributes the noise nicely . Having them all fly precisely the same track was what caused people to complain was because it just took it from 'background noise' which they barely notices to a nuisance level which they did.

Anyway had a bad day with that post so I hope you will accept my apology and I will be more careful in the future( not a phrased to be used too often in your job I guess)