PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex Lionheart/Spearpoint '84
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2016, 11:06
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 422 Likes on 222 Posts
Originally Posted by charliegolf
A 33 Sqn pilot, obviously. Oh, or was it an OCU pilot on one of those, 'war readiness' jaunts- they generally kept those boys out of sight-better to be safe!

CG
Cheeky beggar, that's why they made us lead your task formations....

I must admit to stealing one particularly "onerous" 230 Sqn task though, but not on the exercise in question. I arrived direct from Odiham to A Flight's deployed field site with full war games kit for a winter exercise. I was not looking forward to it, from past experience the squadron SH aircrew were particularly badly looked after in the field. OC A was the only occupant of the CP and had just been presented with a signal which caused him some concern. He said. "I need to find a self authorising crew for a noduff deployment. I also need to get a flight sub imprest from somewhere.... That's going to be a big problem right now..."

I reminded him that all OCU QHIs were self auths and pulled the fsi from my nav bag. Half an hour later my crewman and I were on our way to southern Germany, where we were forced to live in a nice Gasthof for the remainder of the week. I did feel slightly guilty but didn't miss the 5 by 7 tent and NBC kit that was on offer up north.