PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2016, 10:06
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
racedo - you've completely understood how Ryanair can benefit from having a loyalty scheme and the inherent possible uses that comes from big data.
The problem is that plenty of passengers won't give that data until there is something in it for the customer as well. Additionally, loyalty schemes make passengers behave irrationally and prefer earning hard-to-use points or feeling affinity to a brand when they are probably better off just going for the cheapest vendor in the market.
Based the article linked to by J636 it seems they want to do as I suggested.
I know I have booked Car hire on a number of occasions this year. The free change / cancellation facility is great, checked the price 48 hours before I fly and on 2 occasions found it 20% cheaper, quick change and money stays in my pocket,

The one stop shop offer which they pushing will expand, being able to book everything at one go, cheaper than individual items people do go for.................... can see them doing it for train travel as well.

Ryanair can easily undercut most middlemen, the car parking consolidators need to make £10 from your booking to cover their costs in set up, webdesign etc, Ryanair only need £1 as its all part of the website.

I can see the onboard service working, on a 2 hr flight likely will have a coffee early morning plus a chocolate bar or a soft drink and a bar in afternoon, instead of paying €3 on board I get it for €2 in advance and no need for vouchers or anything they just bring it to seat 14C.

At moment FA's have zero idea what they will sell, future they just deliver as sale already made..........possibly an issue as maybe no commission for a web sale.