PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook reserve F/O recruitment
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2016, 10:05
Toerist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The theory test isn't that hard if you actually know your stuff. I even managed to pass is 3 years after finishing training. I got as far as the sim ride and got chopped there.

For those of you going to the interview: the interview is with 2 captains and is quite laid back.
Besides the regular HR questions, they will give you a number of situations they want you to elaborate on.
-Imagine you are a captain flying for us. Chios is one of our destinations and has a very limited runway. The local fueller makes a mistake and puts in 400kg too much. What do you do? What will you tell the passengers (in french)?
-You are once again captain, after landing in Rhodos you notice one of your cabin crew members is terrible ill and it looks like she has the flue. What are your options?
-They show you a CRM video of a developing situation resulting in a altitude bust, you have to discuss the actions of the captain, FO and cabin crew member.

The simulator ride should be on the type you did your MCC on, in my case B737NG and will be full motion. The entire detail is raw data without any use of automatics. Your FO will be one of the assessors and will not do anything if you don't ask him. You will be briefed about the detail and be given the weights and jepp plates.
Profile as follows: departure BRU 25R Denut departure, climb 6000'. Then you will do general handling, steep turns.
Return to BUN, enter standard hold, then fly ILS 25L, go around, engine failure land ILS 25L. Takes about 30 minutes.

Hope I was able to help some of you out, best of luck