PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 F15 vs F30 and F40
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2016, 05:51
ImbracableCrunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OK465
Linzhi, PRC....runway length 9000', elevation 9000'....is an example where F15 landing is mandated for normal ops in the 738 (NG, big CFMs)....

....procedure is directed at having lower minima which still allows adequate missed approach performance from a higher energy state on the somewhat circuitous (RF intensive) missed profile in high terrain with both engines operative....has nothing to do with OEI.

IIRC this option was covered in some obscure section of the FCOM that I accidentally read once. Allowable weights in the airport analysis for the procedure take into account all the performance considerations incl stopping of course.

Do you guys use F15 for your garden variety 16 L,C,R type ops or is it only approved for special airports in the boonies?
They don't have any prohibitions on any runways, just that we need to check the performance numbers.

I pulled up some numbers a few days ago - for giggles - and the numbers were obviously longer for F15, until you got to higher breaking. The difference was only 100 feet at MAX brakes between F15 and F30.

I'm not going to do it in Sitka, but I might at DFW.

Last edited by ImbracableCrunk; 11th Sep 2016 at 05:51. Reason: seplling