PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network Aviation Perth
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2016, 03:36
2bigmellons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What sort of hours do you do and how many days off per 28?
550-650 a year give or take. 8 RDOs in 28 (RDOs are always paired and usually one of them falls on a weekend day), if you're lucky, you might get 2 or 3 A days in there a month. Generally a standby or 3 a week, pretty high chances of getting called out at the moment. Every other weekend you either work or are on standby.

This is just a snap shot of my roster over the past few months, some guys can be quite different due to the archaic rostering system (which is being upgraded apparently). Things are very dynamic right now but over the past 12 months there has been a large increase in work and that is predicated to continue as the fleet expands.

in this day and age to be flying a jet and have roster changes up until 5pm on the day before is APPALLING. How do the Network guys put up with that day in day out? Very understanding families?!
The negotiating teams have been working their butts off for the past 4 years to try and rectify the rostering issues and its still ongoing for now, and yes it can be difficult for those of us with families. Sometimes a roster change at 5pm is a welcome thing when it means I get an A day the next day though! I wouldn't say its day in day out - 'week of ops' roster changes are pretty few and far between.