PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2016, 21:37
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With most companies selling to mass market consumers, there is some sort of loyalty scheme - one earns points of some form which give clear benefits to consumers; the more you spend with a company the greater the potential for the customer to benefit.

Could someone tell me the upside of the MyRyanair scheme from the point of view of passengers/customers ? I don't believe that being able to save all my personal details with Ryanair including my address, credit card and passport number are particularly useful to me.

It sounds to me like Ryanair benefit by getting large amounts of customer data in a joined-up fashion, so they can track how people behave and target their marketing better. I can't see how customers benefit in any particular way. I would have thought that as a retailer, Ryanair would want to find some way to encourage people who (potentially) fly with them regularly to choose Ryanair by being tied in via some scheme, rather than going to a competitor - Easyjet, Wizz, Vueling and Norwegian all do this in some form.

Is there some secret benefit from Ryanair's loyalty sceme that I'm missing ?
If you don't join up they will come around and take your wife away.........

Seriously though it is a useful way of targeting sales and promotions to people.........

Tomek and Kasia fly Stansted - Wroclaw with their 2 kids every summer so they know the ages of the kids etc so they push the Half term offers to them or send them offers to pass to family to come to UK.

Paulo and Maria fly Lamezia-Stansted twice a year, both are in 60's so probably retired visiting family so target promotion so they fly more often at off peak time.

50 people always seem to fly Dublin-Manchester return when Man Utd playing at home but never stay over, opportunity to change flight time by 30 minutes on a Saturday or Sunday or weeknight really late flight so they just fly with Ryanair plus for a fee offer them chance to change flight if game time moved.

Company sends people from Barcelona to Italy all the time using whatever flights they can get, identify the people and then grab the whole business account guaranteeing a seat at last minute on certain days if needed.