PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sully The Movie
Thread: Sully The Movie
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2016, 18:34
costalpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PukinDog
Well said. Hollywood always needs a "bad guy", believing conflict advances any story, and they've been using various government agencies in this role forever.

The notion of objective, dedicated pros/experts existing within an government Agency is one they view with cynicism, despite the fact that so much knowledge and foundation of what we do to enhance safety and mitigate threats in aviation comes directly from decades of accident investigations conducted by them. Historically, the NTSB has found fault or identified causes for accidents that have as much to do with Company deficiencies and FAA oversight as they have with individual pilots crewing an accident aircraft. In many ways, their techniques are the basis for the broad-based approach to identifying ALL causal factors that we expect today, not just the forensic expertise.

Sad the producers felt the need to try and cast the NTSB as the "opposing force" just because there wasn't an obvious choice of person, Corporation, or the FAA to fill the role. Completely unnecessary, and unfounded.
total bs storyline. typical hollywood. cant find enough drama in the most dramatic events imaginable, so they feel the need to make things up:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/10/bu...een-drama.html

otoh, i enjoyed the heck out of the flight scenes. i flew the 320 and out of laguardia many times. better sully than me.