PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy Strike?
Thread: Easy Strike?
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2016, 17:36
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is that the short pregnancy that is not the full blown to termination pregnancy?

Just to be clear:

BALPA is considering a strike in one UK airline "..... for industrial action over complaints of rising levels of fatigue that union officials insist risk “serious health and safety concerns”.

This is a UK airline in the British airline industry that is operating within EASA FTL's that are in force by all UK airlines. I admit I do not know the in-depth internal rostering practices of ez, or other UK airlines. I hear there is great opposition to the new EASA FTL's. Do these problems exist in any other UK airline? If so, why not a class action against EASA? Is ez really the correct and fruitful target?
If it is the case that this has come about after a year of discussions it is a sad refection on one or both parties.
When I used to have disputes with managers about working practices I always had a couple of suggestions to present whereby the productivity was equal, or even better, but in a more humane manner. A win win. They were supposed to explain why they were unacceptable. Usually it went in one ear and straight through. There would have been too much loss of face to have agreed. And that was the stumbling point. But don't forget the oft quoted addict that "my door is always open for suggestions." Shame the mind wasn't as well.
If this is indeed a lifestyle rostering issue then complaining will never win the day if it's legal. If an alternative scheme can be offered then the touchy/feely orange cuddly management will have to justify rejecting it. Is that the case; from the inside?

Last edited by RAT 5; 10th Sep 2016 at 19:45.