PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bottom line !
Thread: Bottom line !
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2016, 16:42
Runnymede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With respect to you Blowback and to my A-Scale breathren, I have clearly NOT STATED what you suggest ......... "That A-Scalers should have done something"........ Like perhaps STRIKE. I merely point out what you then infer, being that it was very difficult for them, back then when we were one happy homogenous family, to do something as drastic as STRIKE, to protect us that were yes, naivly joining at the lure of flying a shiny CX airplane.

That said, it's been acknowledged by both groups in the years since, that a collective stand would have helped both A-Scalers and B alike. That's easy to see clearly through the 20:20 retrospectoscope though!

Since then we've learned a lot whilst the homogenous group of super motivated Sid's Pirates has been replaced by a much larger group of now displaced, dispossessed, demotivated and hugely disappointed professionals that hanker for the good old days, when now faced with decisions made by 'Silo-Managing' Bean Counters.

Flying the shiny new jet equipment at CX will always attract ambitious flight crew and so it should ! So too as well should we welcome them and all be proud of this great company we work for and form an intrinsic part of! There is a lot to be happy about when ones view of the World is the panoramic cockpit of a well maintained 777 with a decent coffee in ones hand !

All I wish to point out is that we've come a long way through successive reductions in conditions and RPs and learned a lot in the process. With well over 2000 AOA members and good leadership at the helm, we should be able now to intelligently realise that we need to hold the line, stay smart, never be reduced to bickering opportunists that can't smell the coffee and realise that cool heads with a plan can succeed.

We are here at that point now, where we need to stay smart and support those who have B-Scale conditions, for it is us B- Scalers that want to help the rest of you, for in doing so we help ourselves. Catch 22.

Together we stand, divided we fall.