PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates B777 gear collapse @ DXB?
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2016, 14:34
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still say this was not a GA but a rejected landing after the wheels touched. In FCTM its does say that during a GA from low height the wheels may touch, a bounce may occur and the GA should be continued. The engines should have spooled up quickly, automatically or manually, as idle was likely not yet selected.
In the rejected landing case, it is most likely that the engines will be selected idle. Calling "Go-Round" would require the TL's to advance and verified thrust achieved, (takes time) BUT, the driven point in GA training & checking is to expeditiously increase attitude to reduce height loss. From PF's point of view that is his priority. PM should verify that sufficient thrust is achieved as his priority. However, here was quite some startle factor. Mitigating, perhaps, but not a total defence. I suspect PF yanked back on the stick as his priority in GA without either selecting TOGA nor following through on thrust. PM would be startled and distracted from his priority. Getting airborne the priority is thrust up not gear up. In a rejected landing as in a T&G it is reduce flap, increase thrust, adjust trim, accelerate on the ground and then rotate. In this case the rotate came first not last.