PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2016, 12:38
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
MyRyanair

With most companies selling to mass market consumers, there is some sort of loyalty scheme - one earns points of some form which give clear benefits to consumers; the more you spend with a company the greater the potential for the customer to benefit.

Could someone tell me the upside of the MyRyanair scheme from the point of view of passengers/customers ? I don't believe that being able to save all my personal details with Ryanair including my address, credit card and passport number are particularly useful to me.

It sounds to me like Ryanair benefit by getting large amounts of customer data in a joined-up fashion, so they can track how people behave and target their marketing better. I can't see how customers benefit in any particular way. I would have thought that as a retailer, Ryanair would want to find some way to encourage people who (potentially) fly with them regularly to choose Ryanair by being tied in via some scheme, rather than going to a competitor - Easyjet, Wizz, Vueling and Norwegian all do this in some form.

Is there some secret benefit from Ryanair's loyalty sceme that I'm missing ?