PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates B777 gear collapse @ DXB?
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2016, 11:56
604driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DtA

Ok, so they got into an unusual situation which they didn't get out of. Could this happen to me?
This has been hinted at before. But the question is... did they REALLY get into an unusual situation... or did the fact that the powers that be that write SOP's that do their utmost to remove airmanship from any equation, cause this to become an "unusual situation". They had more runway in front of them than the total length of some other runways they regularly operate into.

If not, I am going of my own initiative to book a 4 hour session on a simulator and practice this situation until I am completely happy.
Sims are quite busy with Pilots ticking boxes, you might have to wait a long time.

Having said that, when you create an SOP that says a Pilot must do something and then don't train him in the thing he should be doing... well... Some might call it negligent.

I am also going to raise the issue via my training department, but even if they don't listen I am going to make sure that I am ok.
You could start a whole new thread on this topic... But sadly it should probably reside in the Jet Blast forum, as I'm sure it would get quite colourful.