PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2016, 11:04
SupersonicFlight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rose17
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum, (hi!), but just wanted to throw my two cents worth into the ring. Did my AD yesterday. It was fun and everyone was lovely but it was also busy, noisy and crowded. I have no idea how the assessors can assess suitably in that environment. Also, they said that they would be reviewing our online videos AFTER the AD and not offering any one on one interviews. Eeeek!!!! My video, which was the first thing I was asked to do post-application, was particularly bad, so, despite feeling like I did ok yesterday, I'm not confident. I guess it explains why I got invited to an AD in the first place!
Does anyone else feel like they did a crap online vid but still got through to further stages?
Hi Rose17,

Welcome to this forum. You've come to the right place. We're very supportive of each other here and we share our experiences with each other for the benefit of all.

What was it about your HireVue interview that made you think you performed less than satisfactory? I think we all tend to be super critical of ourselves and the faults you perceived may or may not be perceived by others. Moreover, the whole concept of video interview is something that doesn't seem natural to us as humans...because we are talking into an inanimate object with no human interaction, and put under pressure to answer within the allotted time space.

I'm no expert, but I think you would find that they would be more interested in HOW you responded, rather than WHAT you responded with. For instance, they would be seeing whether you smiled when you talked, whether you had direct eye contact, whether you came across instinctively as someone warm, genuine and engaging upon first impression. I suppose anyone can rattle off a stock standard response to the questions, but I would tend to think that they are looking at how you deliver them and whether or not you were composed, calm, and dignified.

Have a little faith in yourself, and know that you did the best you could at the time. The assessors would be looking at your application as a whole, in conjunction with your performance at the AD, together with your Hogan etc. Its a wholistic selection process.

Once again, welcome aboard, and feel free to ask the forum any questions and we would be most happy to help and support you.