PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2016, 21:24
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AA JFK

CATIII-NDB

I don't think it was much of a secret that BHX were chasing a link to Chicago and JFK was a surprise to most.

If BHX is to get another JFK I would like to see Norwegian try on the 738 MAX as they seem to have a good product and probably be able to price it better for the Midlands market.

tubby linton

I used AA131 on 30 June and it was predominantly UK outbound tourists (around 100-110) with business around half full one of which was a regular and I had a long chat with him due to JFK's glorious arrival procedures. He works in Bermuda and used to live in Shropshire and made no comment on BHX or American his wrath was directed at the JFK procedures and staff.

The return flight had around 100-110 as well but quite a few Americans this time some of which moved themselves to premium economy when they noticed empty seats.

This service I doubt would get many repeat customers in Y or y+, as it is basically 1990's. As you say there will be little loss of pax only maybe loss of face or prestige (although that is a bit strong).

I would concur that if travelling BHX-JFK, BHX is least of your problems. I have also departed recently at 0700 on a Monday morning and although packed the airport coped well with security 5 minutes or less although I have to agree the low ceilings and lack of natural light is not great but a walk up the International Pier brightens the mood.

Swiss

Seems the C Series start-up has been pushed back to December with Helvetic and the RJ100 now reappearing in the New Year schedules.

Monarch

They have added a few Tenerife flights with now two on a Saturday and two some Fridays but Gibraltar has a rest from 8/1/17 - 13/2/17

Pete