PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates B777 gear collapse @ DXB?
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2016, 15:47
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I as SLF don't want anyone in the cockpit to be 'shocked to the core'. I want them to be sufficiently trained and resilient not to be shocked.
Is it too much to expect pilots to expect the unexpected and be able to deal with it?
Write to your elected Governor, Senator, MP or whatever you call them and tell them to look into the matter. If he does not, elect one that does.

There is nobody, i repeat, nobody else who has the power to change things.
The industry needs bums on cockpit seats, but only cheap bums.
The passengers want cheap tickets and cheap pilots, but only expert ones. They won't change a thing and this paradox, accidents or not.
The regulators want comfy salaries payed by the taxpayer and some nice goodies from the industry who then dictate the t&c's. They won't change a thing as long as they don't get pressure from their bosses.
Pilots can bring up all the shortcomings of the industry, the lack of training, the poor t&c's that do not attract the right applicants, the fatigue hurting safety due to understaffing, nobody will listen, everybody continues to treat us as 'spoilt brats', we are at the end of the food chain and have become powerless.

Your expectations above however need a change of paradigma.
If you want them met, you have to demand them.