PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does ALPA oppose upset recovery training
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2016, 13:02
markkal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greeners you are right, developped spin training is not mandared by EASA, however there are a number of schools offering this "extension" in their training, I believe APS in the US is one of them, which cooperates with ICATEE, under the impetus of Sunjoo Advani, ICATEE being in the EASA board drafting the upcoming regulation.

Various schools using aporopriate aircraft are including spin training in their packages for UPRT. It may well be a commercial move, and I fully agree that an airliner will probably never be able to recover from a spin in the first place.

However, it is unlikely that any aircraft will end up in a spin or an aggravated oscillatory stall unless crews let an unstable condition degenerate.

In addition to this by experiencing and being able to tame the fully developped spin, is undoubtedly a great confidence building maneuver,it takes time and should be done in stages, but I can assure you does marvels in improving anyone's skills.

It will enable anyone flying at the back edge of the flying envelope to act without stress with added finesse and confidence, and will change the way one handles slow flight.