PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2016, 11:29
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by G-KEST
I hope to put forward a motion at the LAA AGM and will need a seconder who is a member and beneficial shareholder of the LAA. Any volunteers.....???

I wish to propose a motion for the AGM however since it does not affect either the Memorandum or Articles of Association it might not need the full 42 days notice otherwise required.

It concerns the proposed award of the Bill Woodhams Trophy to Tracey Curtis-Taylor in respect of flights from South Africa and to Australia. Her assertions that these were conducted as sole occupant of her Stearman have been comprehensively demolished since she was seemingly accompanied by a highly experienced pilot and instructor. In no way was this an exceptional feat of navigation in the traditions of female aviators, still less in an LAA type aircraft. It was however a carefully orchestrated PR campaign for Artemis to benefit that company.

In my considered opinion the award of this trophy by the LAA would bring our organisation into disrepute. I urge the Association to reconsider its decision.

If a specific form exists for motions then I would much appreciate your sending it to me.

Kind regards,

Barry Tempest FRAeS
LAA membership number 017423
I'm allergic to AGMs Barry, so not planning to attend, but if that's not a problem, you can put me down if you like.

Genghis, FRAeS
LAA membership number I can send you separately.