PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thank you Pprune
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2016, 03:11
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was going thru DUS Airport a number of years back, in my wallet not only did I have my own money but I had company funds, which needed to be fully accounted for, and in all my wallet was bulging with some three different currencies.

Security demanded that I hand over my wallet to them for it to go thru the x-ray, I duly removed all the monies from it and went to hand over my, by them empty, wallet. ... Security insisted that all my paper notes go thru the x-ray also, I questioned "you need to x-ray paper now?", they insisted, whilst behind me a queue was now forming, so I insisted that we shall sit down, we shall count all the monies in their different currencies, security shall issue me with a receipt accordingly, at at the other end of the x-ray we shall count all the monies again etc.

Security replied "You're joking?", I replied "You're the one that's f***ing joking mate", with that security called over an airport policeman who merely took a look at my loaded wallet and dictated that I should be allowed to pass thru without further argument.