PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2016, 21:14
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't help but feel a little disappointed that Jet2 is opening Stansted as a base, as a Northern (at a push) and regional airline at heart, I see this as them moving away from their roots, and I felt the same with the new 737 order too.. Jet2 (as I see it) are losing that little bit of uniqueness they had

I know they need to do this to survive, I know that getting into the London market will allow them to grow and pretty much print money, and I know it's a sign of how successful the airline has become when things had looked rocky in the past... But I still think it's bittersweet, and a little more bitter than sweet

I can only hope it fuels further expansion which could lead to new markets being broken into like Morocco, Iceland and Cape Verde, I think give it 5 years and MAN, STN and BHX will be their 3 biggest bases (probably in that order), or close to it. Maybe it might help them realise their long haul ambitions, although it'll be more of a struggle now on account of TOM and TCX having just added a huge long haul presence at STN

Sentimentally I'll miss old Jet2... They're just the same as the rest now, I'd like to say so long, it was good while it lasted, and genuinely, best of luck to them