PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2016, 06:10
Council Van

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The worst part of this experience was that what looked like half of the security lanes were sat there unused!
Because everything is done as cheaply as possible.

Terminal one staff entrance has one security lane. At busy times in the morning it takes for ever so I always make sure I am last on the bus from Staff West so first off and first in the queue.

You have to be in Staff West 30 mins before report to ensure you are on time, just what you need before departing on a long day to Cyprus and back having got up stupidly early.

Why don't they have security for flight crew who have flight time limitations to consider and security for other airport staff? Of course they could just create more security lanes and employ more security staff.

I can hardly wait to find out how long the bus journey will be from the car park when Staff West is closed to allow the ramp extension. Of course they would not consider staff car parking near to the terminal for those involved in safety critical jobs who do not really want to be eating into their minimum rest period trundling back and forth on a bus when that car parking can be sold to passengers for a premium. Why would they consider putting safety ahead of profit?