PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anything But A CFI Job!
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2016, 02:23
zondaracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have done the EASA conversion. It is very expensive, and if you don't have European citizenship, you will get 0 return on your investment.

Latin America is a closed shop if you don't have citizenship. The exception is Belize, but that is pay to fly, and you might as well find a job in the US that will actually pay you.

I know some guys who went to Indonesia and found jobs at Susi Air a few years ago.
I have a friend who went to Botswana and knocked on doors for two months before he got a bush job.
Most of the jobs in Asia are for guys with lots of time in jets if you aren't a citizen of said country.

In the US, there are some jobs for low time guys. Below 500 hours is really tough to find a non-CFI job, but there are some out there. Jetcareers and airlinepilotforums are much better sources for US centric job hunts.

If you get your CFI, you will definitely find a job in the US, right away. Your investment will not be nil. You will learn a lot. It will help you get to the 500TT mark very fast, and also the 1200 mark (for Part 135), and also the restricted ATP minimums very fast.

Bonded type rating typically means that you can't leave the company for a specific time or you owe them money.

You can also check out Star Marianas. It is technically a US territory so you do not need a visa or anything, and your FAA certificate will be required, but it may feel like a foreign country to you. They hire low time pilots. Alaska is another place to check out, but you will have to go in person and knock on some doors.